Monday, October 27, 2008

Why aren't you watching Life on Mars?



Good question? I dont know if you should be. I'll post the synopsis from the imdb. website:

"A present-day car accident mysteriously sends a detective (Sam Tyler) back to the 1970s. An American remake of the BBC series."

Im one and a half episodes in with I think another one or two on the DVR. So far, what can I say, it feels like Ive seen this series before.

Guy goes to the past. Guy cant understand it. Everyone thinks Guy is crazy. Guy goes on and on about CDs, MP3s, World Trade Centers, other future things.... etc. Sound familiar? It is. It's a very formulaic idea that has been done before.

Could is still be good? It could, it is supposedly a hit over in BBC and has a cult following. The acting is pretty good. Harvey Keitel heads up a good cast as the rough em up police lieutenant.

But my main problem is how long can a series go with this. The first episode reveals a lot about what is going on in modern time with his life.

I hate to get attached to shows that seem like they have a short shelf life. Of course, I had the same thoughts about Prison Break, yet it still goes strong.

So give it a try, ABC.com has the episodes online and just remember, next time you get hit by a car you could wake up wearing tight pants and rockin some nice chops.

No comments: