Friday, April 17, 2009

Lost Theory: The coming War

Finally, I share my 2 cents on the upcoming war (season six?) on Lost.

Charles Widmore says there's a war coming. Who's side will you be on?

Most people will probably think this is between Ben and Widmore... but I don't think that is necessarily the case. We've recently seen a new group who keeps asking people "What is in the shadow of the statue?" Who are these guys?

Well I have a few guesses.

First Guess: Its Dharma... they are back and they want the island back. Chances: not likely. Dharma was left pretty devastated after the purge. I do think they are still active though as seen by the food air drops.

Second Guess: Its Elloise. Daniel's mum and former inhabitant of the island. She worked with Widmore as Ellie on the island and was told to bury the nuclear bomb in concrete by a timelost Daniel. She is working her way back to the island. She represents a mix of science and faith... something that the Others and Dharma lack. She has formed a team that will bring a new order. Chances: Pretty likely.

Final Guess: What lies in the shadow of the statue? Well the smoke monster of course. A religious cult has risen up and is doing his bidding. Chances: Pretty slim but it would be cool. I really like smokey as you can probably tell.

So what are all these groups after?

Well if my guesses about Jacob's identity is right then they are probably all fighting over his birthright. What is his birthright? Is it the island itself?

And how do Walt and Aaron fit into this. Is one of them destined for the birthright... My guess Walt will be the one to receive it. He's a pretty special kid after all.

Thanks for reading... it'll be fun next year when Lost finally wraps to see how far off my guesses were. ;)

No comments: